10.31.2013

longing to write

Sometimes, I feel an impossible, incurable longing to write, though I may have nothing to write about. I want simply to feel my pencil scroll across the page, to watch tiny scribbling letters ramble and flow.

Unfortunately, though, I am not blessed with the abounding creativity bestowed upon true writers. I am instead forced to remain content with the few lines of poetry that flit through my consciousness now and again. But never the satisfying length of an inspired novel--no, I will relish in and savor the few words my hand does convey.

3 comments:

  1. You know what sometimes even I feel exactly the same way! I scribble whatever comes to my mind, no matter how irrelevant those words are. And sometimes I just keep sketching with my eyes closed and this feels amazing!
    I wish I had the potential to become a true writer, but it seems like that's not meant for me! *sigh*

    Vinny @

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a wonderful feeling, isn't it! And sometimes it's those irrelevant words that are the most beautiful in the end, like a glimpse into our subconscious. :)

      Delete
  2. Yes, I know the feeling. I'm not a very creative fiction author, but sometimes I write it anyway, just for fun!

    ReplyDelete